Summer Practice Guidelines
Compulsory Internship should be in line with the Internship Procedure of the College of Engineering and the Electrical and Electronics Engineering Department specific rules. Timeline and important dates of the compulsory internship are specified in the following.
Voluntary Internship can only be requested by filling the online Summer Practice Info Form.
Important Dates for Summer’2021
|Course Registration on KUSIS:
||17.05.2021 – 01.09.2021
|Deadline for the Student’s Evaluation Form:
|Deadline for report uploading*:
|Grading of the report**:
* Summer Practice Report and Daily Report must be uploaded to the Blackboard course website under the correct assignments.
** Internship Coordinators for the semester are here.
Timeline for the Compulsory Internship
- Find a company suits the Specific Rules of your Program.
- Ask the company to fill out the online Form for Incentive Fund (This form is valid for national companies only.)
- If the company requests a signed Compulsory Summer Practice Letter, please prepare the letter with your information and sent it to your program admin via CE Track-it.
- Fill out the online Summer Practice Info Form one week before the start of the internship, which is a sharp deadline. Statement of employment document will be sent to you one day before the start of your internship via e-mail by the KU HR department.
- Register to the designated Summer Practice course (ELEC 291 or 391) from the KUSIS only within the registration deadlines (as specified above).
- Start the practice.
- Don’t forget to keep a Daily Report from the first day during the internship. Take your supervisor’s signature on every page and upload the report to the Blackboard course website.
- Don’t forget to complete the Intern Evaluation Form.
- After completing the summer practice, write your Summer Practice Report as specified by your department.
- Once you completed your training and prepared your final report, upload your reports electronically to the Blackboard course website by following the procedure:
- You will need to submit two forms to Blackboard:
- Daily Report, approved by your company project supervisor, in pdf form, and
- Elec 291/391 Summer Practice Report, in pdf form.
- The submission deadline is October 1, 2021, 23:59.
Final Check Points
- Make sure that you registered to the Summer Practice course (ELEC 291 or 391) from the KUSIS.
- Make sure that you have filled the Intern Evaluation Form.
- Make sure that you have submitted your Summer Practice Report and Daily Report to the Blackboard course website under the correct assignments.